My name is Snorri. I am Icelandic, but I live in Edinburgh.
I write things. Sometimes they are books (mainly about Vikings), sometimes they are films (mainly not about Vikings) or silly stage plays (you probably don’t want to know, to be honest).
Things I have done:
- Taught Icelandic to the British Ambassador
- Played in an 80s cover band (Yes - there is photographic evidence. No - you may not see it)
- Appeared on Sky News to explain the banking crash
- Performed stand-up comedy in various venues across the UK and other countries, including (but not limited to) a boxing ring, a barn and a warship
- Tap-danced (in front of an audience)
- Worked in a cement packing factory (not in front of an audience)
- Written a BA thesis on myself
- Graduated from the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts with a post-graduate diploma in Classical Acting
- Taught roughly 9000 people to pronounce Eyafjallajökull
and various other things of a similar nature.
I now spend my days working with words, eating cakes and teaching Drama.
My 5th book Council (a follow up to Kin) is on its way.